Free Network Wiring

by Vas

With the circuit network already being annoying as is, no one wants to have to pay for thousands of wires! Not to mention, blueprints give you the wires for free, so this mod makes the red and green wires free, and is compatible with nearly any mod that alters those wires. I'll add compatibility to other modded wires too if someone ever makes any other color wires.

Content
3 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Circuit network

g 0.17 compatible

5 years ago

This is simple enough that adjusting the info.json works with 0.17.

5 years ago

If the devs hadn't decided to do stupid versioning methods that force modders to update -every fucking version-, then we wouldn't have this issue.

5 years ago

From a user perspective I think it is a small price to pay in order to weed out tons of obsolete and unmaintaned mods in the process, and as the end of early access seems to be near, I presume it will stop being necessary past 1.0... Anyway, thank you for updating.

5 years ago

There's several ways they could have done this in a nicer way though. This mod and another of mine, should -never- be incompatible with the game, so basic and simple they should never break.

Allowing users to toggle which mods ignore version number as well, would be good.

Giving modders a way to update a mod to say which versions of the game it works for, would save lots of downloads and space too, so you can simply mark a mod to work with version 0.12+ and it not redownload till it gets an update, then you mark the version that broke to work between .12 to .17, for example, and your new one .18+.

Plus the fact that you have to change the version in 3 separate locations and update the "file version" as well, it gets bothersome.

At least its better than modding Space Engineers where mods are heavily massively limited.

New response