Fractured World

Shatters Factorio terrain generation and rebuilds it from the ground up. Enclosed are many wacky map presets to spice up gameplay.

Content
2 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Environment

b Terrain Generation do nothing

3 years ago

The mod does not seem to modify the generation of terrain.

I've tried to modify "Elevation" and "Value shape" parameters in different combination but i don't see any difference with vanilla generation. The same for Overall ressource and fracture world parameters.

There is also an error on the first value in combo box of "Value shape" : Unknown key "noise-expression.fw_value".

3 years ago

Did you use a preset or just start changing things arbitrarily?
The presets are designed to work without you fiddling with any of those things

3 years ago

i've tried with and without preset, there is no difference on generation.
The only difference is in value for commbo box of "Value Shape" [Unknown key "noise-expression.fw_value"; value for "grid" maps; Squares].

I've even removed all the other mods and changed the langage local setting to english (to be sure...).

3 years ago

Also, it's not working with previous revisions.

3 years ago

To clarify, a preset is one of the drop downs at the top of the map generation screen. They are not the drop downs in the terrain tab of the screen. Are you sure that choosing one of those presets does not change terrain generation?

3 years ago

Yes, no matter water configuration i do, there is no modification on terrain generation.

3 years ago

Make sure you are changing the right drop down menu - as stated by max.
I was confused the first time I tried this too.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/198104144391700490/833313533055336448/unknown.png

3 years ago

Thanks. It's working. (I didn't know you can change things on this menu...)

New response