Fractured world divides the world up into "cells" of varying shapes and sizes, and reworks terrain, resource placement, and enemy placement to fit within those cells.
- Default - Terrain that's shattered like glass
- Gears - Islands in the shape of the Factorio gear icon
- Circles - Islands that are roughly circular
- Squares - Islands that are square
- Diamonds - Islands that look like squares, but rotated
- Bricks - Square islands in a sturdy brick arrangement
- Spiral - It's a spiral, duh
- Waves - Grab your surfboard
- Trellis - Lattice at an angle. Spread across the map like a vine!
- Random Squares - They're random, and they're squares!
- Polytopic - Conquer the world again, but this time while roleplaying as an ancient civilization.
- Infinite coastline
(Hopefully) Upcoming Presets:
- Vanilla Islands Forever
How do I select a preset?
Presets are selected using the dropdown at the very top of the map generation screen. They are not the extra dropdowns you may find in the terrain tab, which do not need to be touched.
This mod has ore generation data for many of the more common overhaul mods that add resources. Any resources that I don't already have data for will be found in amounts similar to that of coal in vanilla. The same goes for any enemy spawner types added by mods. If something seems "off" or is broken, please let me know, and I'll see what I can do.
- For best results, don't touch the drop downs in the terrain tab. If you do, and something breaks, you were warned.
- This mod must stay installed to keep working. Removing it will revert any unexplored parts of your map to vanilla
- Mods that add ships or bridges may be a good pairing for this mod. Either way, there should be enough resources on the main island by default to research landfill and landfill your way to the outer islands.
- This mod is known to cause longer game-startup times whenever it is first enabled, or any other mods or mod settings are changed, especially when there are many other mods that add resources. After the initial load, any further startups with the same configuration of mods and startup settings should load much more quickly.
- This mod is still in development, and things may change at any point. Be careful when updating.