Fluid Trains deprecated

Adds functionality for locomotives to use fluids as fuel. This mod does not add any locomoties on its own but enables other mods to do so

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Trains

g Steam locomotive mod help needed

3 years ago

I have made a steam locomotive that I want to try and mod into the game. I currently have just copied over the texture files of the original locomotive. But I want to add it in the research tree as its own entity.
Here are some screenshots:
https://forums.factorio.com/viewtopic.php?p=521822#p521822

My wish is for it to be heavier, faster locomotive but with slower acceleration. Currently trying to follow a modding tutorial, but scripting for Factorio feels very daunting. I want it to use water and any other of the normal fuels together, which I have heard might be a challenge in itself.

Would you help me?
Thank you.

3 years ago

hi, sorry but I am quite busy and don't really have the time to help other people with their mods.
But additionally, I can already tell you that you won't really be able to easily create a locomotive that has items and fluids and consumes both. You will need to do some tricks like myself for carrying the liquids. Maybe - if at some point - i get the time i can look into supporting items + fluids as a fuel (i.e. water + coal). But it is not a priority at the moment.

Sorry again.

New response