Fluid Trains deprecated

Adds functionality for locomotives to use fluids as fuel. This mod does not add any locomoties on its own but enables other mods to do so

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Trains

g Does this/can it include the ability to draw fuel fluid from attached fluid wagons? [Yes]

4 years ago

^

4 years ago

it does not yet, but i can look into it. should not be too difficult i think but it could take a while. for now it's just a direct port over from the diesel locomotives mod with a few improvements in the fluid handling system and how it interacts with attached pumps.

4 years ago

Take your time.

4 years ago

I made a short test in-game. The one thing I absolutely need to make this work is the ability to modify the fluid content of a fluid wagon while the train is moving. And that is supported. So it is feasible.

I've added the issue to the github project, you can check the progress there: [https://github.com/ksmonkey123/factorio_fluidTrains/issues/1]

4 years ago

Ah, wonderful.

4 years ago

I just added experimental support for tender wagons in version 0.18.4

The feature is disabled by default, can however be activated in the map mod settings.
By default fluids can only be drawn from the first wagon behind a continuous chain of locomotives all pointing in the same way. This wagon will provide fluids to all locomotives in that chain that use the same fluid.

Fluids will not always be drawn when the locomotive is standing still (limitation of the current code) and will only be drawn if at least 1 unit of fluid is in the locomotive (another limitation of the current code). Also by default fluids are only drawn in batches of at least 100 units.

Hope you like it.

4 years ago

That'll work well enough.

New response