Flip Dots

by Octapoo

Flip dots that can be used to create flip-dot displays.

Content
5 months ago
Circuit network

b Crash on game startup when used with Janky quality

6 months ago
(updated 6 months ago)

Installing Flip Dots alongside Janky quality results in the following error:

25.058 Error ModManager.cpp:1625: Error while running setup for entity prototype "small-lamp-quality-2" (lamp): next_upgrade target (switch-flip-dot-quality-2) must have the same fast_replaceable_group (switch-flip-dot != lamp).

I filed an issue with Janky quality here, and based on what the author says, it looks like this issue should be resolved on Flip Dots' end.

6 months ago

Just note I never said it's an issue to be solved on this mod's side. Just that it's an incompatibility relating to late stage data updating. It's not really an issue with the mod, as the other made does unexpected changes.

[deleted message]
5 months ago

Actually this was a problem with my mod. I wasn't setting the fast replace group until data-final-fixes.lua, in an effort to be compatible with other mods that want to choose the group name, but I wasn't also setting it in data.lua and thus there was no fast replace group when Janky Quality duplicated the entities.

I didn't play it any but the latest release of my mod now loads alongside Janky Quality without error.

5 months ago

Thanks Octapoo!

May the odds always be in your favor.

New response