Fishblock

by cakem

Stranded on a remote island with limited resources, you must find a way to build your factory and launch a rocket using fish.

Overhaul
8 months ago

b errors

5 months ago

Hi, I would love to use your mod for my own modpack but everything I am trying it says I have to deaktivate specific mods. I did it but after that all my mods that I want to use are disapled. So why is that? I am using the mods from "Extended Vanilla: Power Armor" and some more from "Extended Vanilla". Also realistic Fusion but it doesnt work. I hope you can solve that problem because I am searching for a mod that I can play without resource generation.

4 months ago

I thought Fishblock would make an interesting addition to Krastorio 2, but the mods are currently incompatible because a value is 66,000 which is greater than the max allowed value of 65535.

I assume this is because some items in Krastorio are very expensive and end up unassembling to more than 65k fish.

One work around would be to create an object which is worth, say, 1,000 fish and use this as the unassembly output.

If you don't want to add any new objects, only change existing recipies, then how about changing the recipe for "wooden chest" to be 1,000 fish, with an unassembly recipe which converts a wooden chest back into fish. (Its a box of fish!)

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

I have fixed the bug in the code: I noticed that you are setting values to math.min(65535, value), but something seems to round to the nearest 1,000 so the value ends up as 66,000 which is too big. Changing the code to set to math.min(65000, value) fixes the problem.

Loading Krastorio 2 still failed with an error about the icon_size for personal-submachine-laser-defense-mk1-equipment,
so I added all the submachine-laser-defense items to the ignore_items list.

Krastorio 2 does not unlock a landfil recipe until you have done a lot of reaearch, and the landfill is very expensive. So I added landfill to the "fish -> individual items", overwriting the recipe so that you can convert 9 fish to 1 landfill right from the start.

With these changes, Krastorio 2 is playable with Fishblock.

Note for 7ower3efender: if there are errors which mention a certain item, then adding the item to the ignore_items table in data-final-fixes.lua might get the mod you want to load.

4 months ago
(updated 4 months ago)

Yeah I can't seem to start this mod for whatever reason. It keeps returning some error in the code? Something about "item ranking: lua attempt to index field? (a nil value)?

4 months ago

Facto25: email me at martin@gkc.org.uk if you want a copy of my hacked version of the mod which works for me.

New response