Fiber Optics


Connects to the optical fibers in power lines to transfer red and green signals across power networks.

Content
a month ago
1.1 - 2.1
688
Circuit network

g Question

7 days ago

Does this not support requestor chest requests?

I have a chest requesting bioflux, output on red to the connector, but the connector doesn't recognize any requests. It recognizes the other objects in the chest, just no requests?

Also, is there a way to have one-way requests without a bunch of voodoo combinator magic? It would be very handy to have a [ ] in only and [ ] out only option. A few times I've found I wanted to add a similar signal to a group of machines incredibly far from the signal generator but only for objects far away to use, in addition to the original signal, having a 1-way option would be very handy to have.

6 days ago

Hi,

There is nothing that would filter out a signal. Behind the scenes, all the pins of a given network are simply connected to each other, so I am not sure why a connector would not recognize any requests. If you have a save, I can take a look.

I thought about a one-way option for a while; the main problem is that isolating the connector pins from the network requires a combinator which in turn adds a tick delay. And because there would be one required on each pin, the pin -> network -> pin delay would be two ticks. In the end I decided that "this is just a bus without any filters" and if you need input only or output only, you can put a combinator in front of a pin.

New response