SUPERSONIC High Speed Train & fast large wagon Mod

Adds a high-speed and extra fast train & large wagons to Factorio for travel purposes and fast high quantity transport.

Content
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1
Transportation

i Updating your graphics

3 years ago

Hello,

I have been involved with a community that supports cl0wnt0wn. He is a Twitch partner who streams Factorio five nights a week and hosts a subscribers-only server.

Twice, the community has opted to include your mod, but the one drawback for them has been the iconography that you use for the fuel. I had some time today and I decided to play with Photoshop Elements to adjust the colouration of the regular rocket-fuel.png. We figured that we would keep the colours consistent with the three tiers of belts in the vanilla game. So tier 1 is yellow, tier 2 is red, and tier 3 is blue.

I have posted a sample image in cl0wnt0wn's Discord #factorio-general channel, so that his community can evaluate my work.

Would you be interested to have the .png files that I created? I have not verified how well my selections match the "main" colour of each tier of belt, but by my eye they seem to be in agreement. Since I saved a .psd file, I can make further refinements and create better versions if necessary.

Please let me know. cl0wnt0wn would like you to put these files into your mod, so that an update to roll the mods will effect the replacement automatically.

Thank you for your time.
mirigu

3 years ago

1) i am very bad with icons so i couldn't have really mad them better , sorry
2) yes i would like to see them (also it might be a good excuse to look at wagon and locomotive prices again)
3) depending on how fast things go(and if i like the icons) it might be a able to make a release in a few h from now

3 years ago

That is great to hear.

I might have some stuff to do this afternoon (in my time zone), so I am not sure how soon I can share stuff. I have an Imgur account of my own, where I can upload the images. Would that work for you as a means of seeing them?

I have not looked at any other of your graphics. I have not downloaded and installed your mod. (Sorry.) I prefer to play vanilla, even though I support and participate in a community that likes to use mods. If there are other images and graphics that could be improved, then I might try my hand at them.

The server that the community started last night has been paused for the moment. They will resume playing on Wednesday evening. If we can manage to get your graphics updated before then, they will be very happy to hear that.

I will need a few hours to get my stuff straightened out on my end, so please let me know if sharing the Imgur link in these replies will be sufficient.

Thank you.
mirigu

3 years ago

imgur link would be enough to see them but for ading them to mod files i am not sure about the resolution i will be able to see them

3 years ago

btw are u on discord?

3 years ago

Yes. I have a profile with Discord. I go by michelguenette in that app, so that might be one way to find me.

My afternoon has been taken over by attending a conference. I will not be able to reply further until after my supper hour. I hope that you can wait for me to share stuff.

Once we have worked out a means of sharing content, then we should be in a better position to discuss these ideas further. Sorry for the delay, but this was sprung on me unexpectedly.

Thank you.
mirigu

3 years ago

immortal_sniper1#2364
i am in the factoria server and a few other servers
also from now on i will be online hopefully for another 2h

3 years ago

Here is the link that I planned on sharing: https://imgur.com/a/5xBloAa

Hopefully, you will be able to follow it and see what I am proposing. I used the regular rocket fuel graphics as the basis and I select the fuel window as the portion that needed to be recoloured.

If you like what you see, then please let me know. I should be available tomorrow through Discord. For the moment, I do not have anything in my calendar to interrupt my day. It should be easier to get a hold of me.

Discord: michelguenette#3104

3 years ago

yes i like them

3 years ago

btw i cant seem to be able to contact yu on discord

3 years ago

Thank you.

I spent some time late last night looking through your mod. I decided that I would download and install it, so that I could learn more about it. Your mod is the first one that I have downloaded. You should be proud of that.

I picked up lua in an evening, so I was looking for ways of improving your mod. Before going to bed last night, I figured out how to use the mipmap images, so you are not restricted to just the 32x32 size icons. Also, I took some inspiration from solid fuel and its multiple recipes to try and distinguish between the three recipes that you have for giga fuel. I was able to get different icons to show up in the assembling machine recipes. Because it was late, I decided to stop while I was ahead, so that I could retun to it this morning with a fresh set of eyes.

I hope that you do not mind the improvements. We can discuss them further, once we are able to reach each other through a communication app.

I was surprised to read that you cannot contact me on Discord. I will try to add you as friend and see where that leaves us.

Thank you.
mirigu

New response