Factory Backbone

Lights, Power, Logistics. The essential backbone to any factory.

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.17
Logistic network

i Stronger Backbone

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

This is a very interesting concept and design. Would you consider adding a version that incorporates the Roboport with inventory slots for bots, repair packs and charging. The small foot-print that incorporates all this in one complete package would be and OCD Dream...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

It would be relatively easy to do, one just needs to change the 0 to the number of slots they wanted. But If I did that, I wouldn't have a use for the actual roboport I made in my main mod. The main reason that these don't allow bot inventory is so that I can have more control on them and they aren't scattered all throughout my base (I normally have around 5,000 bots and only 2 roboports connected to a circuit that adds more if needed). Other reason is that a tiny light pole can't realistically hold hundreds of bots.

If someone wanted to add inventory space for bots and repair packs, it's lines 249 and 250 in backbone.lua. But what do you mean by charging? Make sure you are using the latest version, I made a typo on one and the bots weren't charging but it's fixed now.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Now that I think of it, I've been planning on making a 2x2 footprint version to move along side of my rail road. That one will have at least a few slots. I've been putting it off due to how bad I suck at graphics but I guess I can just use a place holder and get it working.
While I'm at it, I might as well see if I can add a radar function as well.

4 years ago

This would be awesome, and a two by two foot-print would work fine also. Actually better as it would fit into my existing factory by replacing current substations used in a grid pattern for my electrical network. I have no clue on how to edit lua file so I appreciate your efforts greatly.

4 years ago

Already updated and uploaded. I tested for about an hour or so and didn't find any bugs yet.

New response