Factorio World

Mod that changes the world generation to be a real-world map. Two world maps to choose from: "Atlantic" and "Pacific".

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

b Can't set custom spawn

2 years ago

Whenever I try setting the custom spawn, I end up in the middle of an infinite ocean, with absolutely zero sign of any land. Even if I turn on the repeating earth setting, I see nothing. Any idea of what's happening?

2 years ago

When enabling custom spawn you need to set the x and y coordinate in a different setting.

If you already did that, try setting that x and y to one of the pre-defined spawn's coordinates. Just to see if you end up in the sea then too. If you do, that is a bug :(

2 years ago

When enabling custom spawn you need to set the x and y coordinate in a different setting.

If you already did that, try setting that x and y to one of the pre-defined spawn's coordinates. Just to see if you end up in the sea then too. If you do, that is a bug :(

Got it, trying that out now.

2 years ago

Still end up in the sea.

2 years ago

Ah sucks, looks like the latest update broke the custom spawns then. I'll take a look at it, sorry!

2 years ago

It's alright! Guess I just have to base myself in London instead of Sapporo...

hyspeed β˜†
2 years ago

I'll take a look too. I have a few minutes right now.

hyspeed β˜†
2 years ago

I have uploaded a new version (1.1.1) that should fix the issue. I tested both a pre-defined spawn and setting a spawn to custom.
Please let me know if it doesn't work. There is a bit of debugging messages added, just in case.

2 years ago

I have uploaded a new version (1.1.1) that should fix the issue. I tested both a pre-defined spawn and setting a spawn to custom.
Please let me know if it doesn't work. There is a bit of debugging messages added, just in case.

Tried it again today, made sure to update the mod. Still didn't work. I tried disabling all my other mods to make sure it wasn't some sort of conflict, and it still didn't work.

hyspeed β˜†
2 years ago

I appreciate you trying again I've added some debug statements with 1.1.1. If you would be so kind as to work with me a bit more, I'd like to figure this out.
My email is hyspeed_games@yahoo.com. We can do a debug session and perhaps you can join my Discord channel. thanks.

hyspeed β˜†
2 years ago

I see a problem. Not sure how to fix it right now. :(

hyspeed β˜†
2 years ago

@Danku-Chan - I have put up another version which should resolve the custom spawn issue you were having.

2 years ago

Sorry I didn't reply earlier. I'll try it again on the new version. If not, I'll contact you.

2 years ago

I thought it wasn't working again, but I think I found the problem!

I was playing with my scale at 6, but the custom coordinates are based off the ingame coordinates at scale 1.
So to anyone else having this issue, GET THE COORDINATES FOR WHERE YOU'RE SPAWNING AT MAP SCALE 1!

hyspeed β˜†
2 years ago

yeah, that makes sense. Thanks for working on it to figure it out.

New response