Factorio World

Mod that changes the world generation to be a real-world map. Two world maps to choose from: "Atlantic" and "Pacific".

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Environment

g Update to 0.18?

hyspeed β˜†
4 years ago

Do you have plans to update for 0.18?
thanks

4 years ago

For everyone wondering like me, editing the info.json for all .17 to .18 inside the zip makes the mod work again. Nothing seems to have broken from .17 to .18.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Hey! Sorry for the slow reply, but I just updated it! :D

Not just the settings file either, your game should load faster now too!

hyspeed β˜†
3 years ago

FYI, I created the Factorio Earth mod to replace this one.
I needed it for my Cities of Earth mod.

3 years ago

Aha, cool! Did you change anything other than just the info.json? If so, maybe we can merge your changed? That way there aren't two mods doing the same thing. What do you think?

hyspeed β˜†
3 years ago

Yes, I made a small (one line) change to support Space Ex:
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/FactorioEarth

3 years ago

So just the nauvis check?
We should see if we can merge the mods. Would be nice to have a second person to support the mod. If you're up for that.

hyspeed β˜†
3 years ago

Yes, just that check - I didn't think of it, ptx0 wanted it and tested it.
I'm good with merging them. If you plan to stay active in Factorio, I can point Cities of Earth back to Factorio World.

3 years ago

I'm not sure how much time I'll have, though I'd like to at least keep the mod up to date for the major version changes.

I also just saw I can add collaborators to the mod, so if you're up for that, I can add you here, and then you can upload new versions too.

hyspeed β˜†
3 years ago

yep!

3 years ago

You should have gotten an invitation for it.

I also wanted to add you to github, but I'm getting a lot of 500 errors there, looks like their server is being a bit shitty. I'll try again tomorrow, since it's very late here and I'm going to go to sleep. Goodnight!

New response