Factories in Tight Spaces

Start on a small island that can only be expanded by research. Infinite ore patches can be placed by hand and removed by the OreEraser tool.

Scenarios
7 months ago
Environment

g How do I get landfill ?

1 year, 1 month ago

I have researched 3 levels of landfill, but still can't figure out how to get landfill. The land management tab has no special landfill icon, only wood, iron, stone, ... and I've laid those and am researching, making power, but curious how to make landfill.
https://imgur.com/HezHidE

Thanks

1 year, 1 month ago

Hi JustGoFly,
In Tight Spaces the only way to get more landfill is by completing the landfill researches. After completing each research some landfill should automatically show up in your inventory (500 for red science tier, 1000 for green, 1500 for military, etc.).
The mod disables all landfill crafting recipes to encourage the player focused on working up the tech tree instead of making a landfill factory to solve the space constraint.

If the landfill isn't showing in your inventory after the researches please post a list of the mods you're playing with and I'll take a look.

1 year, 1 month ago

No landfill yet - on landfill 6. Mods: Base (1.1.76) Mod, Factorios (0.1.6) in Tight Spaces, Ore Eraser (1.5.6)
Factorio - beta 1.1.76

Thanks

1 year, 1 month ago

I see the landfill in your inventory, in the screenshot it's 2nd row 7th column. It stacks up to a much higher amount in Tight Spaces (I think up to 50,000 ?) so it only takes up one slot and is easy to miss.
When I played I emptied my inventory into chests, picked up my landfill, and locked that slot in my inventory with middle click so I wouldn't lose track of it.

4 months ago

To be clear, when the landfill researches are researched, landfill appears in your inventory, not as a craftable item, in case anyone else hits this.

New response