Extended Research System

Did you ever felt, that the advanced tiers of Belts, Inserters, Ammunitions or even the Assembling machine 3 are only decoratives? Ahh of course not, but did you ever thought about that, they are somewhat unimportant features? You just could launch a rocket without building any of them... Not any more! This mod helps you solve this riddle, you have to build the advanced tiers of those, if you want to advance in the Tech tree.

Content
6 days ago

g SE: IT JUST MIGHT WORK

3 years ago

I think it works with space exploration! wow
also loads with both krastorio + se but doesnt really work as it should
almost perfect
simplistic and well made, thanks

3 years ago

Hello MdRuz!
I just took a quick look at Space Exploration, and I am really surprised that it loads, looks like a really well made mod. Adding a dependency on SE solves the double Chemical Science Pack problem, if you do not want to hand-edit the mod file, I can get it into public, but I am really not sure how can it fit into the SE theme. On the krastorio side, I do not think this can be fit into the theme but if you really want, I can take a look at them.

3 years ago

the graphics are fine vanilla like, if u can and its no problem then sure take a look at krastorio + se compatibility

3 years ago

Adding dependencies to krastorio2 makes sure, that my science packs are inserted and replaced, where they are needed, but I really need some ideas, how those science packs could fit better into the krastorio2 theme

3 years ago

get clean install of both krastorio and space exploration and your mod.
it doesnt even load the game now without error stuck at 9% loading screen (loading mods.. extended research system)
thats after the newest update

3 years ago

get clean install of both krastorio and space exploration and your mod.
it doesnt even load the game now without error stuck at 9% loading screen (loading mods.. extended research system)
thats after the newest update
newest beta version of factorio, newest versions of all mods

3 years ago

it loads when no other mod is present as soon as i add space ex / krastor it gets stuck

3 years ago

I know it takes so much time with it, like 5+ minutes to do the work, but it loads, was it better before the update for you? For me it is about the same time

3 years ago

With the latest update, I have not done any coding, just added the dependencies to krastorio2, space-exploration and space-exploration-postprocess so first they changing the tech-tree, and then my mod goes through all of them
PS.: it took me 10 minutes to load, I know it is unacceptable, I will try to take a look optimizing my code ( it is a big mess right now ), but I can not give my word for anything :(

3 years ago

If you are still interested in my mod, you could check the latest update, hopefully it loads up much-much faster ;)

3 years ago

yep it does, nice

3 years ago

I have made a question to Linver, one of the makers of the Krastorio2, that can I use of his images
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Krastorio2/discussion/605e27a2405aff365a02ff91
So the tech cards would look like something like this: https://imgur.com/YHdbSTE

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hey, so what did Linver say? :)
and did you add your tech card GFX?

2 years ago

As you can see one of the comments, I should change license, what I do not want, so sorry I can not add them

2 years ago

Mmh why don't you want to change? You are already unlicenced :o (i just wanna learn, i'm not making it hard for you)

2 years ago

I want it to be a freely copiable, modifiable thing, Factorio is not my product, so it makes nonsense that others license their mod, for me at least...

New response