Early Construction

Adds early game construction robots to greatly improve the quality of life of base building. Uses the standard Factorio portable roboport mechanics. Inspired by Nanobots. Compatible with Bob's Electronics.

Utilities
2 years ago
0.16 - 1.1

i Resolved - Upgrade path?

2 years ago

Just thinking that it would be cool to have these be required for further bots.

(And because I play AB a lot: if Angel's Construction Drones are available, those are the lowest tier AngebBob construction bot, not the regular construction bot)

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Do you mean as a technology prerequisite, or as a crafting ingredient?

I don't really see much value with it as a tech prerequisite.

As a crafting ingredient can be rather tricky, because it can break progression in modpacks. For example if you need an assembler with 5 ingredient slots, but at that point there's only assemblers with 4 slots.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I was thinking as a crafting ingredient.

Does anyone still use assembler ingredient limits after vanilla did away with them?

The only ones I still see are "can this use fluids as an ingredient?"

2 years ago

Well, there's a lot of modpacks, I don't know if every one of them removed those limits.

That's kinda the main issue with this idea in general. When adding ingredients to things that exist in vanilla, you introduce compatibility issues with other modpacks.

Overall, I don't think it's a good tradeoff. These robots are intentionally cheap, and so it doesn't a lot of resource pressure, and in terms of logistics pressure, they stack so high, and are therefore so dense, that you can fill up a chest once with them, and later have a single logistics robot likely keep up with production. So very little logistics pressure too.

New response