Early Riser

by Laendra

Some settings to give finer control over your game, including things to make it quicker in the beginning. Updates: Changelog now visible in the Mod window

Content
5 years ago
0.16 - 0.17
Cheats

g Missing Loader?

6 years ago

I've installed the mod and after enabling "Loader" in the Mods Settings, I've started a new game and I still can't find the research. I've cheated my way to a filter inserter and I'm unable to find it there either.

Got any tips?

6 years ago

Loader shows up just to right of splitters. The only "research" is the appropriate level of logistics to match the corresponding belt color

6 years ago

Doesn't work for me, unfortunately. I ended up installing Loader Redux to get it to show. I've tried removing both mods (Loader Redux & Early Riser) then installing only Early Riser, starting a fresh map, and the Loader is not part of the technology...

5 years ago

can you paste a link of a screenshot of both your mod list and the first tab of the crafting window showing?

5 years ago

Here you go: https://imgur.com/a/mjBvV8I - I've disabled "Loader Redux" for this scenario.

5 years ago

Okay, but that doesn't show me the whole mod list. I can't find out what is overriding loaders unless I see the whole thing. Alternately, just provide a copy of your save game.

5 years ago

Here is a list of my mods: https://pastebin.com/UWrVYr23. Currently Loader Redux is enabled, but please ignore it when investigating.

5 years ago

Okay, I've setup my mods like yours. I ensured the "Enable Loaders" was set on the mod settings (requires a restart, since it is in the startup settings). Since you are playing Sea Block, you are required to complete the required technologies (crush stiratite, basic circuit board, wood processing and laboratory before you can start researching logistics (which probably shouldn't be your first red science research, but probably second...). Once Logistics finishes, you will see the loader on the first tab right under the wooden chest and iron chest and above the 3 inserters (burner, inserter, fast inserter)

5 years ago

I started a new map and I was able to cheat myself to some red-science and after researching logistics, I got the loader, thanks.

The remaining issue is that on my "old" (that is, a week or so) sea block map, after removing loader-redux, my loaders got replaced by "yours", but they don't appear in the crafting menu/FNEI etc. But I still have the items in my inventory/on-ground. Got any ideas on why? Would you like the save-game?

5 years ago

it wouldn't...only newly researched logistics would provide the appropriate loader. Mod currently only sets the recipe to enabled upon completion of research of logistics.

New response