Drone Road Changer

Lets you change what tile transport drones use as road

Content
3 years ago
0.18 - 1.1
Logistics

b v1.1?

3 years ago

I was wondering if you were planning to make a v1.1+ compatible version? Appears to be just a version bump in info.json as I manually updated my copy and haven't had any issues yet.

While you're there, I also had an idea/request...any way to have it move the category to match the Asphalt category? I have it set to have the asphalt tiles in their own category (the Dectorio category is also an option if it is installed) and it would be great to have the Road tile show up there instead of wherever it defaults to.

Thanks

3 years ago

Done, but you'll have to manually update asphalt for now, since it hasn't updated to 1.1 yet.

Changing the recipe catagory is something I tried, but couldn't get right because of dectorio and other options. Going to leave it next to the drones for now.

I'm always happy to update my mods, but since I have so many, and they're mostly tiny little stand-alones, I update as I need them, or as people ask for them.

3 years ago

I know other mods have done moves like that, but I think they have all been static moves. When I saw the list of options under Asphalt Roads' settings, I had a feeling that might be the case. I don't know if that was a new attempt "tried" or something you tried in the past "tried", but thanks for trying either way. And I'll keep that in mind for future updates...if it wasn't for the idea I might not have mentioned it and who knows how long I'd be waiting.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

-

3 years ago

Updated to use the new Asphalt Roads update.

3 years ago

Any way to make it work with both? I still have the original Asphalt Roads installed (and manually updated.) According to the change log that was the only thing you updated, so not a big deal either way (just don't install that update)...it just clears it off my available updates list if I can install it though.

3 years ago

I don't think there's a way to say a mod depends on one of two mods, so I have to make it depend on one or the other or neither.

If you're comfortable editing mods locally, then you can switch the dependency list back and it should work fine - I don't think I changed anything except the dependency list.

3 years ago

I was afraid of that. I thought maybe just remove the dependency but then someone is going to try to install it without one of them installed and wonder why it doesn't work. As for a workaround, that or I was thinking maybe update the mod version of the one I have so it thought it was the current version. Of course if Arcitos doesn't show up again eventually, I may just have to switch to the new version.

3 years ago

Yeah, sorry.

I've asked for better mod dependeny handling in the past, but the devs don't consider it high priority, and I don't really blame them for that.

As far as I can tell, the new Asphalt Roads is a straight version update, so shouldn't change anything except possibly breaking saves?

3 years ago

That's what it looked like to me. Shouldn't break a save either at that point. In my experience as long as the entity has the same name, it will simply reference the new entity instead. (I.e. it doesn't directly reference the mod. If you have both installed it may cause a conflict and crash though.)

New response