Resource Monitor

by devdot

Monitor mining sites and track resources across planets/surfaces.

Utilities
a month ago

b MP: UI stuck and crashes

2 months ago

Running modded with SE+K2 on a headless linux server. UI seems to be stuck on the screen the instant you load into the map. No amount of opening and exiting allows the UI to close. It just removes the top bar with the X to close is. Unfortunately it also crashes the server after a minute or two. Below is the logs I could find on it. If you need anything else I will do my best to obtain it for you.

2024-07-31 21:17:53 [JOIN] Trollseidon joined the game
539.819 Error MainLoop.cpp:1404: Exception at tick 99924689: The mod Resource Monitor (1.1.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event dqol-resource-monitor::on_gui_click (ID 1)
dqol-resource-monitor/components/ui/window.lua:120: attempt to index field 'titlebar' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
dqol-resource-monitor/components/ui/window.lua:120: in function 'refreshTitle'
dqol-resource-monitor/components/ui/site.lua:16: in function 'show'
dqol-resource-monitor/components/ui/site.lua:143: in function '?'
dqol-resource-monitor/components/ui/ui.lua:84: in function <dqol-resource-monitor/components/ui/ui.lua:70>
539.819 Error ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:92: MultiplayerManager failed: "The mod Resource Monitor (1.1.1) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event dqol-resource-monitor::on_gui_click (ID 1)
dqol-resource-monitor/components/ui/window.lua:120: attempt to index field 'titlebar' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
dqol-resource-monitor/components/ui/window.lua:120: in function 'refreshTitle'
dqol-resource-monitor/components/ui/site.lua:16: in function 'show'
dqol-resource-monitor/components/ui/site.lua:143: in function '?'
dqol-resource-monitor/components/ui/ui.lua:84: in function <dqol-resource-monitor/components/ui/ui.lua:70>"
539.819 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:814: updateTick(99924689) changing state from(InGame) to(Failed)
539.839 Quitting: multiplayer error.
542.090 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:154: Quitting multiplayer connection.
542.090 Info ServerMultiplayerManager.cpp:814: updateTick(4294967295) changing state from(Failed) to(Closed)

Mod has a lot of promise and hope it can be fixed!

2 months ago

So I've tried to reconstruct this with my local headless setup, but couldn't.

• Did you load up a new save or an existing one?
  • If it was an existing save, was my mod new to the save or not? Any mods updated?
  • Any reason why the UI was open the instant the map was loaded? Usually this does not happen at all. Did you perhaps open it earlier and then save the game with the window being open?
2 months ago
(updated 2 months ago)

This is an existing save and your mod was new. The UI was/is open the moment I started the game after a server restart (to load in the mod). If there is a way to PM on here I'd be happy to send you the server details and/or discord and work through it with you if you're interested.

a month ago

I am also experiencing this Issue.

a month ago

Alright, thanks @LeadHail . I haven't got around to really tackle this issue but I would love to get it fixed. So the following steps will create this issue?

1. Have an existing multiplayer save with active mods
  2. Restart the server to load this mod
  3. Join the server (with a player that had joined the game before)
  4. Immediately, UI bugs are visible and a crash occurs shortly after

Did I get those right? I assume the server is paused until a player joins right?

If you could send me your save game through discord or dm me on github, that would be super useful. I'm thomaskuschan on discord (will remove that later again).

a month ago

For me the situation is a little different. Players open the menu upon any attempt to close the menu it bugs and crashes the server. Server is paused until player joins. Not all Players experience this bug, I haven't had it happen to me, but 2 players reported the same thing to me.

New response