Resource Monitor

by devdot

Monitor mining sites and track resources across planets/surfaces.

Utilities
a month ago

b [fixed] Pyanadon load save error

3 months ago

Loaded my Pyanodon save with your mod and got this:

he mod Resource Monitor (1.0.3) caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event dqol-resource-monitor::on_init()
dqol-resource-monitor/components/resources.lua:24: bad argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil)
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
dqol-resource-monitor/components/resources.lua:24: in function 'generate_resources'
dqol-resource-monitor/components/resources.lua:43: in function 'boot'
dqol-resource-monitor/control.lua:22: in function 'boot'
dqol-resource-monitor/control.lua:39: in function <dqol-resource-monitor/control.lua:38>

3 months ago

Interesting, seems like Py adds some resources that are not minable. I'm not familiar with Py so I'll have to investigate this a bit more. I'll let you know when I've found a fix

3 months ago
(updated 3 months ago)

So I've got the startup for Py fixed now (version 1.0.4), however it seems to be not optimal for Pyanodon resources. There are lots of duplicates showing up for crude oil, natural gas and others, related to different types of resource patches that yield the same product. They could be merged of course, but I would need to understand which ones are supposed to be merged and which ones don't. At this point it's as good as I can do.

3 months ago

Oh yeah... Py is kinda crazy. He made all the oil patches into very small amount which are mined with mining fluid until it drops to zero and then that patch turns into another resources - one of three depending on the building doing the mining...
Also late game tech lets you make ore patches of flowers and plants which are then mined and used in different recipes. Also Nexelit is mined only by special bots which are actually genetically engineered dinosaur miners ........

3 months ago

Just as a note: Py should work way better with the upcoming version 1.1.0

3 months ago

Thank you!

This thread has been locked.