Memory Storage πŸ“¦

An alternative to warehouses. The Memory Unit can store an infinite amount of a single item type. The more items you store, the more power it will require!

Content
9 months ago
1.0 - 1.1
Storage

b 1.3.0 and up, compatibility bug with current SE version(0.6.90)

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

"The mod Space Exploration (0.6.90) caused a non-recoverable error. Please report this error to the mod author"

"Error while running event space-exploration::on_configuration_changed__space-exploration__/scripts/essential.lua:43: Items that can contain inventories are not supported by Space Exploration. Please disable the mod that added this item: blank-gui-item"

The only 2 mentionings of such item I managed to find are in data.lua
"{
type = 'item-with-inventory', -- this is a hack to show the player's inventory gui.
name = 'blank-gui-item',
inventory_size = 1,
item_filters = {'blank-gui-item'},
stack_size = 1,
icon = 'core/graphics/empty.png',
icon_size = 1,
localised_name = '',
flags = {'hidden', 'not-stackable'}
}"

and shared.lua
"local function open_inventory(player)
if not global.blank_gui_item then
local inventory = game.create_inventory(1)
inventory[1].set_stack('blank-gui-item')
inventory[1].allow_manual_label_change = false
global.empty_gui_item = inventory[1]
end
player.opened = nil
player.opened = global.empty_gui_item
return player.opened
end"

Previous version of this mod worked fine, so I would assume that it was new GUI update that "broke" compatibility with SE.

EDIT: Apparently, SE checks this "(prototype.name == "item-with-inventory" and prototype.inventory_size == 0)" and it's somewhat of a design decision by devs to prevent logistic abuse(such as sending huge amounts of items to space as 1 item). I might try to make some kind of mod that changes the way SE checks it but just letting you know about such bug.

1 year, 6 months ago
(updated 1 year, 6 months ago)

Same issue. Blocked from playing until I figure out how to downgrade :(

Edit: Just manually moving the older downloaded version + selecting the install version of the mod unblocks playing. I downgraded to 1.2.15

1 year, 6 months ago

aaaa

thanks for pointing this out. very annoying.
I can make a quick patch to disable the new gui while space exploration is active.
hopefully I can get Earendel to disable this check.

that item-with-inventory is not even obtainable, it's just a way to make the player's inventory gui visible.

1 year, 6 months ago

SE does not allow the definition of item-with-inventory prototypes to ensure space capsule travel is strictly limited to 20 slots. I reported an issue on the SE Discord because I think enforcing that rule by crashing the game session if another mod simply defines a specific prototype is too much.

1 year, 6 months ago

sent a message to Earendel

1 year, 5 months ago

Temporary solution would also be commenting out the code block that checks for blank-gui-item in SE until it gets updated

1 year, 5 months ago

Kind of curious if use of the built in "inventory-with-item" itself could be used for triggering the player inventory. The game specifically defines this item already, and as long as no mod modifies the inventory size of this built in base mod item (set at zero), then SE won't complain about its existence.

1 year, 5 months ago

Kind of curious if use of the built in "inventory-with-item" itself could be used for triggering the player inventory. The game specifically defines this item already, and as long as no mod modifies the inventory size of this built in base mod item (set at zero), then SE won't complain about its existence.

Not possible unfortunately. SE crashes with any item-with-inventory with inventory_size>0, including the builtin one.
Memory storage requires the inventory_size>0 for the gui to render properly.

I tried setting data.raw['item-with-inventory']['item-with-inventory'].inventory_size = 1
Still got the crash

1 year, 5 months ago

I understand why they don't wish to allow item-with-inventory, except that if you have an item-with-inventory with just 1 slot, then it is no better than just carrying the item in your inventory directly.

Now, there is of course another type that is technically under the item-with-inventory prototype tree, "blueprint-book" which specifically inherits "item-with-inventory". Would that type work for what you need to do?

New response