Deadlock's Crating and Stacking for Bob's mods deprecated

Adds recipes for stacking & crating ores, plates and intermediates from Bob's, Angel's, UP, Clown's, and other mods

Content
4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18
Logistics

g More Stacking

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Would it be possible to add other intermediaries like crushed, chunks, and other versions of processed ore before it is used to make any plates or alloys? I would really appreciate this as it will allow for compression of belts for smaller and faster transfer with the factorissimo mod.

Edit: Most of these intermediaries are part of angel's mods

Edit 2: I decided to look around to see how the mod works and integrates stacked items and was able to add my own stacked items that I needed. It was fairly simple, but I'm hoping you would be able to add it to this mod anyways so that way other people can utilize stacked crushed, chunks, dust, and crystals items as well.

5 years ago

I'll look into it when 0.17 drops. So far no one wanted or needed long distance/compressed transport of the sorting intermediates, but adding them shouldn't take long, either, as their internal names are very formulaic.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

What about Sodium Hydroxide? I guess just so bots can get rid of it faster.

BTW thanks so much for including Silicon Wafers! Those were a nightmare to belt in to chip making assemblers in 0.16.

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

Yeah, I noticed. :) Chances are I'll include more stuff as I encounter it in my current playthrough, but play time is limited (awwww). Once I get around to the petrochem side of things, I'll look at the sodiums etc.

Btw I'm still torn about the ore intermediaries - I feel like they are purposefully limited in scope, ie only produced and used directly in smelting, by Angel, and making them stackable would perhaps be counter to that idea - kinda like the stackable wires already sabotage the incentive to produce wire coils. Maybe I'll make it an option.

5 years ago

I'd recommend keeping angels and bobs separate. I suppose that would happen naturally, with dependency detection.

Personally, I haven't used Angels yet. I dabbled with it a few hours, but it is probably not something I'm going to touch until after I get my fill of bobs. Maybe in 0.18 / 1.0 when everything is settled down.

I'll point out anything further in bobs which I think really needs stacking though. We make pretty heavy use of deadlock in what we hope will be a megabase completing spacex.

New response