Deadlock Experimental Stacking

Adds options for experimental stacking enhancements for Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes - stacking for science, direct smelting of stacks

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

g stacked ore

4 years ago

it would be nice if one of the new experiments could be stacked ore patches that we could place miners on to directly mine stacked ores into smelters because otherwise the beltboxes are a huge throughput sink on the whole stacked recipe phenomenon. i can share my save where i use zero prod mods, to illustrate the problem.

4 years ago

I love that idea, and I think it might be doable pretty easily. Will see if I can get it working.

4 years ago

coool! i was thinking an option for ONLY stacked ores would make the game quite interesting.

4 years ago

any ideas about this?

4 years ago

I looked into a bit, but it gets complicated fast - there's a lot to account for to get the mineral patches generating stacked stuff 'properly' without just generating 5x more stuff-per-patch, and I've unfortunately been really busy lately and haven't had much time for mod stuff. Should I just do the crappy version and make it wildly unbalanced? ;)

4 years ago

yes :D

4 years ago

you could also increase mining time by 5x because i can make my own OP speed modules.

3 years ago

I was just searching for a mod that does this. I have most of the deadlock stacking addons installed and am playing with Deadlock Stacked Recipes and I was wondering why there was no stacked mining mod. I hope the idea is not dead.

However, I don't think stacked ore patches are the way to go. Changing the map gen for this seems unnecessary. It would be enough if we get a new miner that outputs stacked ore but with a reduced mining time, to keep the actual items mined per second the same as vanilla miners.

About the problem of reducing the patch by the correct amount, maybe handling it like Reika's mod "DirtyMining" would work.

Another question: the main reason why I was looking for a mod like this, besides convenience, is UPS improvement. Is it even more UPS efficient to run a 10s recipe combared to 10x 1s recipes?

Thanks for your mods and I hope there will come a day where we will have a Stacked Mining mod.

3 years ago

omnicompression has a compression planner that you drag over ores to make them compressed.

3 years ago

I wish I saw that sooner. I just spend 3 days writing a mod for Deadlock Stacked Mining (I am still a beginner). It works now, but I could have saved myself a lot of work by taking a look at that mod.

New response