Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Adds minimalist 1x1 loaders and stacking beltboxes for 5x belt compression for ores, plates and some intermediate products

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

g Not having to unstack coal is too cheaty

2 years ago

I love this mod, and I think it's balanced enough with the concept of having to stack and then unstack things. However, with the coal, the furnaces or whatever will happily accept a stack of coal. Which means you just have an OP stacked belt of coal that you never have to think about needing the space to unstack it. And it allows you to create far more absurd setups that use coal, either power or liquefaction or whatever.

I know it makes sense that a pile of coal is still just as burnable, however for gameplay purposes I think it's unbalanced and a setting should be added to disable this.

1 year, 11 months ago

Not sure how you think it's unbalanced? A full stack is just the same as a full unstacked slot is it not?

1 year, 10 months ago

I love this mod, and I think it's balanced enough with the concept of having to stack and then unstack things. However, with the coal, the furnaces or whatever will happily accept a stack of coal. Which means you just have an OP stacked belt of coal that you never have to think about needing the space to unstack it. And it allows you to create far more absurd setups that use coal, either power or liquefaction or whatever.

I know it makes sense that a pile of coal is still just as burnable, however for gameplay purposes I think it's unbalanced and a setting should be added to disable this.

I don't see how it is unbalanced. As a stack of stacked coal gives the same energy as a stack of unstacked coal, using stacked coal just means a regular inserter doesn't need to load a furnace/etc. as often. ...which would also be the case if you used a stack inserter. Do you consider stack inserters to be unbalanced?

New response