Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Adds minimalist 1x1 loaders and stacking beltboxes for 5x belt compression for ores, plates and some intermediate products

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

g UPS comment

3 years ago

Hi, I like this mod and always use it in combination with two others (mergings chests and miniloader) to build 1-4 unload/load stations withoiut the need of any other piece of equipment to balance them. One note concerning UPS: as long as you only build a smaller megabase (1-3k SPM), everything is fine. As soon as I reached 20k SPM, UPS started dropping. I am now replacing all loaders with ultrafast inserters and the merged chests with a bot network, and UPS comes back despite now having around 30k SPM.

So if you plan big: maybe use bots.

3 years ago

Thanks for the comment, I'm also now just realizing this and will have to replace all/most loaders. Could you post some screenshots of what you have now?

3 years ago

Initial setup to unload/move goods was: train -> miniloader -> compact loader -> chest. Only miniloader are able to pull inventory from a train, compact loaders can't. However, as the compact loaders are cheaper to produce, I used them whenever possible. I merged chests up to the length of a 1-4 train to unload it into one chest to avoid any balancers/circuits for unloading. From there I used ultimate belts to push the inventory into assemblers and back into chests for loading onto the next train.

After running into UPS issues (maybe caused by the miniloaders, maybe by this one here), I switched. Each city block gets inventory by train. Each city block uses it's own small bot network now, separated from any other network. With 5dim MK 10 bots plus some research on speed, battery, cargo plus the "Moar Roboport" mod (my own one) for building these networks I can move inventory at insane speed with almost no UPS usage. Unloading from train is done using "ultrafast inserter" into regular provider chests, and moving the goods to assemblers/other trains is done using regular requester chests - all done by bots. I am at 50k spm now with 60 UPS.

3 years ago

Thank you very much for that description! I think will go down that same route, great ideas!

3 years ago

Side notes: use 5dim equipment (assembler, roboports,...) and also the trains for hauling goods. I just ran into an UPS issue with electric trains and now I have to switch the whole network with >150 ones with different lengths.

New response