Deadlock's Stacking Beltboxes & Compact Loaders

Adds minimalist 1x1 loaders and stacking beltboxes for 5x belt compression for ores, plates and some intermediate products

Content
2 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

g Thank you

3 years ago

Hey Deadlock & Shanemadden,

I just wanted to thank you for your relentless support of these mods over the course of these years. It was especially enjoyable to see you transform the graphics over the years (Though this version has been there for a long while now) from something simple to really fit in the Factorio style. The redesign of the belt graphics (especially undergrounds) was also very pleasant before Wube redesigned it and added a HD version.

The UPS gains and the graphics makes Factorio an even more enjoyable experience than it already is. Due to IRL reasons I was never able to play IR and while the old version still seems accessible for the old version of Factorio, you'd rather not have people play it for your own reasons so I'll respect that decision. Just because something is free doesn't mean I should disregard the author's wishes. Nevertheless, I truly hope that never happens to the beltboxes and loaders as it'd just feel a chapter has closed on the Factorio community for me personally.

Thank you for your time, effort and continued support.

3 years ago

shanemadden, billbo99 and others have done a great job of looking after and contributing to the mod so it will continue to exist in some form as long as anyone is interested in maintaining it. Furthermore, if Shane ever gets tired of running the github, the license for DSB&CL is GNU GPLv3 so anyone can fork their own version and republish it as long as they use the same license and follow a few other minor points like acknowledging and linking to the original.

I'm aware that the mod's graphics have fallen behind the times a bit but I just lack motivation to do anything about it, I did make a couple of attempts but loaders in particular are a pain and the end results weren't really an improvement.

3 years ago

Still, thank you all very much for making this a possibility, it helps a great deal on UPS and enables mods such as making stacked recipes as well, further improving it. Very much appreciated!

New response