Dana: crafting tree/graph explorer

by Credne

Dana provides ways to explore and display the recipe graph of Factorio (vanilla or modded). This mod is still in alpha stages: it is recommended to use it on a dedicated (sandbox) save, or at minimum to backup your save. While the mod should work in multiplayer, be careful about griefing (rendering huge graphs can freeze the game for several minutes).

Utilities
1 year, 8 months ago
0.18 - 1.1

b [Pending: SE] Toggle surface

3 years ago

Die Mod Dana: crafting tree/graph explorer (0.2.2) hat einen Fehler verursacht, der nicht behoben werden kann.
Bitte informiere den Autor der Mod über diesen Fehler.

Error while running event dana::on_gui_click (ID 1)
dana/lua/logger/Logger.lua:62: [dana][Error] PositionController: Player is not on Dana's surface.
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'error'
dana/lua/logger/Logger.lua:62: in function 'error'
dana/lua/logger/ClassLogger.lua:53: in function 'assert'
dana/lua/apps/PositionController.lua:106: in function 'teleportBack'
dana/lua/apps/AppController.lua:82: in function 'hide'
dana/lua/Player.lua:146: in function 'hide'
dana/lua/Player.lua:191: in function 'onClick'
dana/lua/gui/GuiElement.lua:124: in function <dana/lua/gui/GuiElement.lua:119>

steps to reproduce:
- open universe explorer (Space Exploration) and view surface "Nauvis Orbit"
- click on Dana Button und create the graph
- close universe explorer, this will switch the surface to Nauvis
- click "Leave Dana" => Error

maybe the error not depends on Space Exploration, there are also other mods switching the surface (Belt Layer/Pipe Layer, Factorisimo2, The Blueprint Dedigner Lab, etc.)

3 years ago

Well there's no really need to look for which surface-switching may cause Dana to crash. Right now the answer is pretty much all of them.

This belongs to the (not so) little pile of things I have to do to turn Dana from a demo to a production ready mod... But I'll give priority to this one: it should be fixed in the next few days.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

low prio. Its not blocking me if i know what i should not do ;-)

--
User: If I click on the button, it crashes!
Developer: Ok, then dont klick on that button
;-)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Dana v0.2.3 should bring some limited compatibility with other mods teleporting players around surface.

More precisely:

• should not crash anymore
  • mods that just teleports the character around should be fine (but I wouldn't be surprised if some bug report in 5min proves me wrong).
  • mods that teleports player and mess up with controllers (ex: switching to/out of god controller) will still pause problem. For example in space explorer, you'll have to leave Dana before messing with the Universe window, and you'll have to go back to your character (out of planet view) before opening Dana. Unless you don't mind your character getting stuck in the middle of a graph or something of the sort.

Full support would either require the Factorio's team to extend the modding API (which seem really unlikely with v1.0 freshly out and the current state of their bug section), or collaboration between all modders to develop & use a common framework (not happening soon either).

New response