Cryogenic Energy Storage

This mod adds low temperature liquid air as an energy storage mechanic.

Content
3 years ago
1.0 - 1.1
Power

b Turbines don't forward the fluid

3 years ago

Hello

I'm trying this out. If I take the „usual“ steam turbines used for nuclear power, the turbines forward the steam to each other. That is, if I put several in a line, without any pipes in between, the first gets the steam from the pipe, the second one from the first, etc, so one can have a long chain of them and all are filled.

This doesn't seem to work with these cryo air turbines. The first turbine gets the air from the pipe, but if I put a second one on the other end, or another pipe, no air flows out of the first turbine and the second one stays empty.

3 years ago

I can make that change. I remember I had some reason when I was first designing this why it wouldn't forward the fluid, but I can't think of it and it restricts design options.

I have to update soon to support 1.1 and will include that in that update.

3 years ago

This is now uploaded. Looks like I wrecked my current game since lots of mods aren't compatible with 1.1 and I can't roll back mod updates, but this mod works. You'll need to update to Factorio 1.1 to get this new feature though as I don't see a way to support updates to both versions.

3 years ago

Thank you, I can confirm, it now works :-).

I've had the problem with mods not yet supporting 1.1 too. A lot of them can just be unpacked, the version edited and zipped again and they work, though.

3 years ago

Nice! Glad it worked.

New response