Creative Mod

by jodli

Based on the old Creative Mode mod created by Y.Petremann, then patched by Pac0master, and also the Test Mode mod created by rk84. By enabling Creative Mode in the game, you can access objects that can generate unlimited items, fluid or energy, or nullify them. Perfect for testing purpose or making initial setup for games. Quick patch for 0.16 until an official release - everything should work now. Quick patch for 0.17 until an official release - if ever...

Content
2 months ago
0.17 - 1.1
Cheats

g Matter Source also not fast enough

5 years ago

Seems to be creating one item per tick, which will not saturate Bob's top two tiers of belts. Could you fix this please? Plus the matter void is not fast enough as I mentioned a few days ago in another thread.

5 years ago

Both are limitations of Factorio, as the matter void and matter source are based on the inserter. Inserters are limited to one item/tick.

From miniloaders:
"Factorio core engine limitations restrict inserters pulling from belts to
60 items/second, or 4.5x yellow belt speed. Further, loader entities are
restricted to 120 items/second.

Miniloaders at "Ultra fast" and faster speeds use vanilla loader entities in
addition to inserters, giving a max throughput of ~180 items/second when
interacting with chests and other containers. They will not give full
throughput when loading cargo wagons, and circuit control is disabled since
vanilla loaders cannot be circuit controlled."

The source and void are designed to work with trains, and loaders do not work with trains, so its not just an easy fix like making them be based on the loader instead. Since bob's highest tier belts run at 66.6/second they exceed the limitations of Factorio.

5 years ago

Bob's high tier belts currently run at 75/s but are configurable to go whatever you set them to. Personally, I set mine to start at 15 and go up by 15 each tier from there, topping out at 90. I have yet to see if this is "too fast" since I'm starting over. But 75 is usually the top speed whether you use revamp or not.

Okay, so given what you've said, the source and void items aren't the best for setting up test builds. Instead, I guess I should be using infinite chests and loaders?

5 years ago

That would be the best option for now. Splitters are also limited to the speed of loaders, so you can merge and split a belt to multiple voids/sources if you prefer.

This thread has been locked.