Crafting Combinator

Includes combinators that allow you to set or read the recipe of any crafting machine, get ingredients or products of a recipe and more!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g Love the mod

3 years ago

Hey,

Just to say I've been loving the mod.
Makes things so much more creative.

Just wondering if you have any ideas if this can work...

I'm trying to make an automated setup that builds items from the current list of ingredients in a network (or chest).
The way I've thought to do this utilises the "find uses". However, this seems to only select the first item from a list (so useless if working from a large list).

I would have to make it so that either "find uses" finds the use of every single item on the list and outputs it.
Or even better - find uses only outputs whole recipes (e.g. iron gear wheel + iron plate = burner inserter).

I've spent days trying to puzzle it out...

The aim would be a link from roboport > Recipe combinator (find uses) > Decider (only if current stock under X) > {{Optional=min combinator from useful combinators mod}} > Crafting Combinator
Then a separate reading crafting combinator > find ingredients > requestor chest. (this part works perfectly).

3 years ago

Hey, glad you're enjoying the mod!

I think finding craftable recipes like that would probably be possible with the current version, but you'd need a ton of circuitry to get it to work...
It would be possible for me to add a mode for the recipe combinator to do that, but I'm a bit hesitant, mainly because of the performance implications:

• Just the process of finding the craftable recipes would be slow - I'd have to go through each signal, find the recipes that use that ingredient and for each of those recipes then check if the other ingredients needed to craft it are on the wire. That's a lot of work to do in an update, plus you'd probably want to use this mode with lots of signals on the wire, which would make it even harder...
  • Since the output would basically depend on the exact state of all of the input signals, there's no good way to use my input signal caching thingy, which allows me to skip reading the circuit network unless necessary and is currently the main thing keeping the ups above slideshow territory.

As I said about a million times: This mod is already painfully slow with little room for improvement, so I'm wary about adding things with high performance impact like this. I'll keep it in mind tho so if I (or someone else) figure out a way to make it reasonably fast, I might add it. Don't hold your breath tho...

3 years ago

Thanks for the reply :)
I thought as much. I'll just have to find a way for the "find uses" to select the 2nd (and onward) item and setup a seperate combinator for each.
Just have to make a sea of combinators!!! :D

New response