Crafting Combinator

Includes combinators that allow you to set or read the recipe of any crafting machine, get ingredients or products of a recipe and more!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

g finish recipe before changing?

3 years ago

Would it be possible to have the option to enable a 'finish before change recipe' mode? Im getting plenty of situations where it cycles between 2 recipes because the factory is producing prerequisites. cheers.

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

This isn't going to happen unfortunately... The game doesn't have any events for when crafting is finished (for good reasons) and doing it manually would absolutely kill performance.

I've had a partial solution to your particular problem in mind for a while tho - make the update rate configurable per combinator. This would let you set it to something long enough for the assembler to finish at least something before switching. Not ideal, but better than nothing and actually feasible. I don't really know when or if I'll have time to implement that tho...

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

This isn't going to happen unfortunately...

I think it might be possible with the way I use.

I have a circuit setup that I can set what I want in one combinator and it will subtract from it what I already have.
So, if I have nothing, and request 200 pipes and 200 gears it will pass 200 pipe / 200 gears to the crafting combinator.

Once one pipe has been crafted, it will be 199/200.
Then it will change to gear. 199/199.
Then change to pipe again.. etc...
And so on.

Is it possible to add an option to: once an input signal has been picked up, keep reading it until it reaches 0?
This way it doesn't need an event to see when crafting is finished.
Or not possible either?

3 years ago

This is my setup:

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

3 years ago

That's a really good idea actually. And it shouldn't even have any effect on performance. I'll try it out as soon as I can ;)

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

Awesome.
Aditionally, an option to only craft negative numbers should help too (plus until they reach 0 too. eg: from -200 until hits 0).
This way it would be possible to remove both the arithmetic and decider combinator from my blueprint, making it easier to build and to explain to others how to build.

3 years ago

Awesome.
Aditionally, an option to only craft negative numbers should help too (plus until they reach 0 too. eg: from -200 until hits 0).
This way it would be possible to remove both the arithmetic and decider combinator from my blueprint, making it easier to build and to explain to others how to build.

PS: The option could be: "Only craft" with the options "Both" (default), "Negative", "Positive".

3 years ago

I made a proof of concept for this, but don't really have the energy to play test it properly rn, so feel free to grab it from GitHub and give it a go.

3 years ago

I made a proof of concept for this, but don't really have the energy to play test it properly rn, so feel free to grab it from GitHub and give it a go.

Appears to be working. Thanks.
If I encounter a problem I'll let you know.

3 years ago

The "craft until 0" feature is now in 0.16.0

New response