Crafting Combinator

Includes combinators that allow you to set or read the recipe of any crafting machine, get ingredients or products of a recipe and more!

Content
2 years ago
0.14 - 1.1
Manufacturing

b Error when emptying recipe

4 years ago

The mod Crafting Combinator caused a non-recoverable error.
Please report this error to the mod author.

Error while running event crafting_combinator::on_tick (ID 0)
LuaInventory API call when LuaInventory was invalid.
stack traceback:
crafting_combinator/script/cc.lua:347: in function 'move_items'
crafting_combinator/script/cc.lua:262: in function 'set_recipe'
crafting_combinator/script/cc.lua:173: in function 'update'
crafting_combinator/control.lua:96: in function 'run_update'
crafting_combinator/control.lua:106: in function <crafting_combinator/control.lua:98>

I'm in sandbox, with quite a lot of mods. After making the required amount of material in an assembler, the input signal for the CC is turned off, and that's when the crash happens.

4 years ago

Should be fixed in 0.10.12. I didn't have time to test it properly tho, so let me know if it's still broken after the update.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

The original scenario now works, but I still get the error, on two different lines, in similar circumstances:

stack traceback:
crafting_combinator/script/cc.lua:349: in function 'move_items'
crafting_combinator/script/cc.lua:264: in function 'set_recipe'
crafting_combinator/script/cc.lua:175: in function 'update'
crafting_combinator/control.lua:106: in function <crafting_combinator/control.lua:98>
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__crafting_combinator
/script/cc.lua:349: in function 'move_items'

stack traceback:
crafting_combinator/script/cc.lua:365: in function 'move_items'
stack traceback:
[C]: in function 'index'
__crafting_combinator
/script/cc.lua:365: in function 'move_items'

4 years ago

I can't get it to crash there, is it possible that you have some modded chests or some other complex modded entities near the combinators? If not, could you give me more exact steps to reproduce this?

4 years ago

I do have modded chests. There is a Merging Chest for the input items, Pyanodon's Automated Factory is controlled by the CC, and I also use Yuoki's inserters. I did a couple of tests just now, and even if I unmerge the chests, and use vanilla inserters, I get the error.

I'm trying to do a circuit network, that turns the assembler off, after a set number of items are created. I simply put the item to make into a chest, that is wired to the CC with Set recipe. After all the items are done, an inserter takes the one original item out from the wired chest (or I can take it by hand before that). The assembler stops, the raw materials are put in the CC's own chest, and then there's the crash. If I set the CC to discard items, there is no problem.

I have a save, that allows me to reproduce the problem. Can/should I send it to you somehow?

I made a very similar but somewhat simpler arrangement a couple of months ago, in 0.16. It did work then without any problems - including the merging chests and Py's assembler.

4 years ago

Sorry for the late reply, stuff has been piling up recently... It seems that merged (or unmerged) chests are indeed causing the problem, it should work if you pick the chest up and replace it, instead of unmerging. I should be able to fix it, but it might take me a bit.

4 years ago

No worries, thank you for your time diagnosing my problem.

I tried picking up and rebuilding the chests, and this time there was a message: "Not enough space in chest", instead of the crash. I would be very grateful, if you could eventually fix it, as my whole design is built around merged chests shared by several assemblers.

Is this something that could be addressed easier in the merging chests mod?

4 years ago

This should finally be fixed in 0.10.13, tho I did exactly one test, so I'm not completely sure :|

4 years ago

I tested a bit more, and it does work, thank you very much! No more building bajillions of fawogae plantations by hand! :)

New response