Crafting Efficiency

Adds technologies to increase the gain of wastefull and expensive processes, such as copper cable, steel, gears, circuits, and engines. Requires omniLib which enables dynamic recipe generation and auto-updating entities in world with newer recipes. Works on items even if mods change their recipes. Updated for Factorio v18

4 years ago
0.16 - 0.18

i 0.17 science.

5 years ago

Can you make the 0.17 science from mods to use crafting efficiency?

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

yeah. in 2024 when 0.17 is released :P
(once 0.17 is released and the library mod, omniLib has updated for 0.17, the mod will change at that point. as it's heavily dependent on a mod by another author (Zelos), there will be a delay...

5 years ago

Any Chance for a quick patch for this mod instead :) https://mods.factorio.com/mod/017_science

5 years ago
(updated 5 years ago)

i'm not at home. i think the mod 017_science creates new recipes, instead of updating them (option in config makes it possible to have both 0.16 and 0.17 recipes enabled) since CE works on duplicating the recipe of a known, named recipe instead of an item....this probably won't work the way intended. It wasn't meant to be the case though...

one of the previous versions has ghost code that would make this work, but causes issues if using any mod that adds compression/stacking type recipes. (deadlocks).

If the 017_science mod creates it's own recipes for science rather than edit the existing recipes, a dependency update won't work....not unless i enable or fix that other code. and i probably won't have time until after 0.17 comes out anyways, in which event, i'll probably focus on truly-transitioning the code to 0.17.

As the previous failed attempts show (or maybe they don't), the intent was originally to make the mod work regardless of what the recipe was named for an item, but resolving scenarios where that recipe resulted in cheaty-beahaviour (in the case of deadlocks or omnicompression or some other type mod) i opted to use a simpler, more-limited method.
But the code to make that work correctly without issues was never finished/couldn't quite get it to work the way it needed to.

New response