Companion Drones Rebalanced

Makes companions weaker in early game and adds progression. Can be used with either original Companion drones or Companion Drones (fork).

Tweaks
12 days ago
Combat Blueprints

g Compatibility with Companion Drones (fork)

5 months ago

Hello,

I was wondering it seems the original Companion Drones hasn't been updated in a few months, but there is a fork (https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Companion_Drones-flux) which has received some more updates.
Would it be possible to make your mod work with both versions?

Best

3 months ago

Does it work? Did you figure it out?

3 months ago

No I am still using the original mod of CD.

12 days ago

Hello there,
I have done some changes and fork should work in new version. Fork is not compatible with original companions mod and as far as I know, there is no optional mod dependency so I had to make both original companions and fork as optional dependency. Everyone can now enable one of them.

Fork also implements my proposed change to original companion mod for adding more companion types, so I have enabled companion MKII. You now start with weaker version of companion, but you can unlock companion MKII, which has same stats as original one.

If you use original companion, there should be no change. In case someone enables only this mod, without original companions or fork, nothing happens as this mod require one of them enabled and does not implement companions themselves.

I have done some simple tests, but there might be some bugs.

In case you find some issue, let me know.

Best regards.

12 days ago

Hello there,
I have done some changes and fork should work in new version. Fork is not compatible with original companions mod and as far as I know, there is no optional mod dependency so I had to make both original companions and fork as optional dependency. Everyone can now enable one of them.

Fork also implements my proposed change to original companion mod for adding more companion types, so I have enabled companion MKII. You now start with weaker version of companion, but you can unlock companion MKII, which has same stats as original one.

If you use original companion, there should be no change. In case someone enables only this mod, without original companions or fork, nothing happens as this mod require one of them enabled and does not implement companions themselves.

Best regards.
Hey, thank you so much for the changes!

12 days ago
(updated 12 days ago)

Hello there,

Best regards.

Hey, thank you so much for the changes!

New response