Chonky Trains

by therax

Tired of tiny toy trains? Give your factory some real weight with these realistically-scaled locomotives and wagons.

Content
4 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Logistics

i Possible to update 1.1+?

2 years ago

I absolutely LOVED this mod in 0.18! Would it be possible to update it to a newer version like 1.1.5?

I don't know how code works so Idk if this is possible, but could you make it take the vanilla trains texture, weight, acceleration, fuel/inventory size, collision box, etc. then up/down-scale it to chonky size? Then if there are modded trains it should work with them too maybe (again I have no idea if that would work and it's probably not that easy, but it would be amazing to have giant Yuoki trains!).

2 years ago

I'd forgotten that I never released this for 1.1. Let me check to see how much work it will be to get it working again.

Unfortunately it's not quite so easy to just scale sprites made for the default game. I double the length from 6 m to 12 m, but I only increase the width from 2 m to 3 m, because a simple doubling would be unrealistic and just looks awkwardly big on the rails. I think the change in aspect ratio is part of what makes the current sprites look good, but it's something that needs to be done in a separate graphics processing pipeline before the mod is shipped.

2 years ago

The scaling makes sense, thanks for explaining it :)

1 year, 3 months ago

hey therax, did you ever get around to checking on that?

1 year, 6 days ago

Any updates on if it's possible?
I vaguely remember fluid wagons being an issue, if they don't connect to pumps, you could maybe make a start-up option for them to act the same as a cargo wagon with storage inside, but with the appearance of a fluid wagon. That way people could at least fill the fluid wagon with fluid barrels and use an in-line barrelling mod if they want

New response