Central Rails

by adamius

Central set of rails auto-generated as you explore so you can easily build your base along it. It provides rails, signals, power, wiring and concrete automatically. Other than that it is up to you to build crossings and everything else.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Trains

i Central Rail Offset

4 years ago

I think that there should be an offset to the central rails.

I want to make use of the mod for a chunk aligned central rail, so an offset in either x or y might be a good idea to add, so that the rail can be centered in a chunk.

4 years ago

Have a play around with the EW lines (y-coord) or NS lines (x-coord) settings.

4 years ago

I did. It made a new set of lines with the offset, with original lines still in place.

4 years ago

The mod deliberately won't alter what it has already placed. I have a partial solution for this in the next version but it will still require some manual intervention (spoiler: it involves Chunk Explosives). I'm generally not happy with various mods randomly messing with worlds - the risk of massive damage is too high.

To see your experimental settings changes I usually recommend you jump in a train and go to the edge of the explored world. Then make changes as you see fit then explore further. For this reason I suggest using a throwaway world or copy of your main save.

4 years ago

I've beeing testing the entire thing by creating new worlds with the altered y or x coordinate settings.

4 years ago

And the x, y coords aren't working? I know that coords with oddvalues, eg 1,3 are currently dysfunctional due to rail alignment. I'll be enforcing only even-valued coords in next version 0.18.1

4 years ago

Well... Have a screenshot...

https://imgur.com/a/XQIt2z2

4 years ago

Try the newest version 0.18.1 of CR. I got a better result with that.

Interesting arrangement BTW. Most people use more than two rails per side rather than duplicate a line. But I can see some benefits when running lines off.

4 years ago

I did that mostly to show that I have two lines, rather than a single line moved to a different position.

New response