Central Rails

by adamius

Central set of rails auto-generated as you explore so you can easily build your base along it. It provides rails, signals, power, wiring and concrete automatically. Other than that it is up to you to build crossings and everything else.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 0.18
Trains

i [done 0.0.10] power poles and alignment

4 years ago

i was wondering why the pole placement is so limited to 20-30 tiles? is there a specific reason for this or just arbitrary numbers that was just thrown in? i have the big pole reach mod and was wanting to space the power poles at chunk distance, but with your mod its strictly limited to 20-30 tiles. another thought i had was just use 16 for your placement and just delete the extras but i was stopped yet again. i understand that by doing that i can easily just get free power poles from that mod and settings trick which could upset the balance slightly, but could you code them to where they couldn't be mined if set for too short of a distance? or even have a way to make them chunk aligned? either by centering in a chunk to start or by strangling a chunk border at the start?

4 years ago

This mod uses mostly vanilla poles and that is the reason for the spacing. That said, I've added support for various mods as requested. I'm looking at doing updates on this mod but due to various reasons I haven't yet had the opportunity to finish and release them.

4 years ago

Is this the mod you are using?
https://mods.factorio.com/mod/GJBigPolesAlign

4 years ago

yes that is the mod i am using

4 years ago

Power pole spacing maximum distance now set to 32.

4 years ago

Thank you for the update

New response