Ceisc's Maximum Range Projectiles

by Ceisc

Modifies the behaviour of thrown projectiles (grenade, cluster grenade, defender capsule, poison capsule, slowdown capsule, distractor, and destroyer) so that if you click outside the radius of the maximum range of the item it is thrown as far as possible in the direction of the cursor rather than not being launched at all. Should work for modded projectiles as well as long as they have a capsule_action type of "throw" and are of type "capsule" (not tested).

Tweaks
1 year, 1 month ago
Combat

g error

1 year, 1 month ago
(updated 1 year, 1 month ago)
Error while running event ceiscs-max-range-projectiles::cmrp-thrown-projectile-input (ID 185)
LuaItemStack doesn't contain key use_capsule.
stack traceback:
    [C]: in function '__index'
    __ceiscs-max-range-projectiles__/control.lua:35: in function <__ceiscs-max-range-projectiles__/control.lua:12>

using no other mods

i can throw grenades w/o mod with left click

1 year, 1 month ago

What version of Factorio?

What item was it you were trying to use? (normal grenade, something else?)

Did this happen every time or intermittently?

1 year, 1 month ago

factorio 1.1.76
normal grenade
every time

i cheat the grenades in with editor

1 year, 1 month ago

I'm about to release a new version of the mod which uses a different way of launching the capsule. Hopefully that'll make the error go away.

1 year, 1 month ago

LuaItemStack doesn't contain key use_capsule <- It's right. It doesn't. Looks like use_capsule was introduced in 1.1.78.

That method caused other issues anyway, like being able to bypass cooldown so you could spam projectiles when throwing beyond range.

1 year, 1 month ago

New version now released. Please let me know if you continue to see issues.

1 year, 1 month ago

works now thanks!

New response