Tungsten

by brevven

Adds tungsten ore (wolframite), tungsten plates, tungsten carbide and rocket engine nozzles to the base game. Available after green science, tungsten and the various intermediates are used throughout the vanilla game. Compatible with RSO, Space Exploration and Krastorio 2, and several other mods. Part of BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Mining Manufacturing

g Tungsten enrichment in K2

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Most recipes in K2 smelt normally at a 2:1 ratio, and once you can enrich them they reach 1:1. Tungsten normally runs a 2:1, I believe, so should it not reach that ratio once you can enrich it? Currently it smelts at a 3:1 (i.e. 9:3) in base K2, and a 9:4 once enriched, which is barely an improvement at all. Why bother with the extra processes and byproducts of enriching if it only gives a 33% boost instead of the 100% boost we see on other ores?

2 years ago

Hi, thanks for the feedback. It sounds like I need to adjust the enriched smelting recipe. I will take a closer look sometime soon.

2 years ago

Hi again!

I took a look at this. I might be looking at this in a different way but I think the ratios seem correct.

• The amount of ore needed to make a certain amount of iron plates drops by 25% when using enrichment without modules.
  • The amount of ore needed to make a certain amount of tungsten plates drops by 25% when using enrichment without modules.

Another, output-focused way to say this:

• Iron goes from 2:1 --> 3:2 or for comparison, 18:9 --> 18:12
  • Tungsten goes from 3:1 --> 9:4, or for comparison 18:6 --> 18:8

In each case, the output is increased by a third.

New response