Tungsten

by brevven

Adds tungsten ore (wolframite), tungsten plates, tungsten carbide and rocket engine nozzles to the base game. Available after green science, tungsten and the various intermediates are used throughout the vanilla game. Compatible with RSO, Space Exploration and Krastorio 2, and several other mods. Part of BZ Mods.

Content
10 days ago
Mining Manufacturing

b Tech loop with Industrial Revolution 2

2 years ago

Hello!
I just finished a Krastorio 2 game with a couple of your mods and I had a great time, I loved the extra resources and logistics!
I decided to try out Industrial Revolution 2 and I wanted to add Tungsten, but apparently this causes a tech loop as one needs the tungsten tech for automation 2, which you need for gold (in IR2), ... which again you need to get first for the tungsten tech, forming a tech loop.

I tried to blacklist the Assembler 2 recipe, but it still gives a problem (I guess it's the tech requirement, not the recipe itself)

Are you interested in trying to make Tungsten compatible with IR2? In any case, I will be using a few of your other resource mods this playthrough!

1 year, 11 months ago
(updated 1 year, 2 months ago)

Similar problem with K2 - making barrels requires assembly machine 2, which requires tungsten carbide, which requires tungsten mining, which requires mineral water, which requires barrels.

1 year, 10 months ago

Yep, early game tungsten mining is kind of a problem in vanilla too. I don't play K2, but according to BzTunsten description K2 places mineral water near start location -> player should use pipeline instead of barrells, inconvenient start.
And as tungsten is crucial at the very beginning for Assembler-2 it can be tricky in world with biters.
What I did - turned on "Starting wolframite patch". Without it game is impossible 100%.

1 year, 10 months ago

Hi thanks for all this feedback.

I can investigate IR2 compatibility with Tungsten at some point. I have only played IR2 once and am much less familiar with the mod, so i have not done as much work there, but I would like to.

As for the starting Wolframite patch, that is the main reason I added that option. One of the baseline challenges for Tungsten is to fend off biters to go get wolframite, in order to get better weapons to fight the biters. But this is indeed a challenge, and depending on other settings, mods, and general playstyle, it can be too much.

In K2 the patch spawns in starting area and requires mineral water which does not. But I think I should add an option to have mineral water spawn in starting area, as well. I'll consider that.

New response