Tungsten

by brevven

Adds tungsten ore (wolframite), tungsten plates, tungsten carbide and rocket engine nozzles to the base game. Available after green science, tungsten and the various intermediates are used throughout the vanilla game. Compatible with RSO, Space Exploration and Krastorio 2, and several other mods. Part of BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Mining Manufacturing

b bobplates processing technology

2 years ago

When using this with together bobplates i end up with 2 tungsten processing technologies.
This also introduces two separate tungsten-plates (in color and shape). The tech should be disabled and maybe insert the unlock recipe tables into bobs technology. Also there is a major difference betweenr your icon and bob ones. So when inserting the tech you should also use white icons to match the colors from bobsplates.

Btw the color mismatch also applies to your Lead mod.

2 years ago

Thanks for the report!

I've decided to update it in this way for now:

If bobplates is enabled,

• This mod's technology will be called "Basic tungsten processing" (in en locale, will need to update for de and others)
  • Basic tungsten processing makes tungsten plate and tungsten carbide available. I've made the tungsten plate recipe a little more expensive. Once Bob's tech is unlocked, the new recipes will be a trade-up.
  • I use Bob's icons throughout.

This means that things like engines, lights, rocket ammo, etc can still be dependent on tungsten, while still retaining the bobplates tech progression and Bob's visual style.

I will look into improving lead compatibility with bobplates next.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Actually, I don't see the color mismatch in lead plates, as I rely fully on bobplates there.

Also, looking at it, I might soon make a big update to lead to make it more directly compatible with bobplates, as right now i just bypass most of my standard modifications (pipes, ammo, etc) if bobplates is enabled. Not today tho :)

2 years ago

I've fixed the german locale (which isn't included in 0.2.6 in the modportal file?)

Since your lead is brown and bobs is blue it might be a good idea to use tints to color the icons.
This way you just need to make one icon (per type) and apply tints in code instead of making multiple icons.
Or overwrite any existing icons with your own which would be the same effort and effect.

2 years ago

German locale was in 0.2.8+, fixes are now released in 0.3.1+

I'll probably default to bob's icons when using bobplates, as I think that's what people will expect.

For my icons, I prefer to keep slightly different rotations and textures to help people visually differentiate them. I'm still improving at it, but snouz helped give me a good start with Lead & Titanium.

New response