Tungsten

by brevven

Adds tungsten ore (wolframite), tungsten plates, tungsten carbide and rocket engine nozzles to the base game. Available after green science, tungsten and the various intermediates are used throughout the vanilla game. Compatible with RSO, Space Exploration and Krastorio 2, and several other mods. Part of BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Mining Manufacturing

g [DONE] K2 becomes challenging

2 years ago

With Krastorio 2, wolframite requires mineral water to mine instead of water.
Both wolframite and mineral water do not spawn in the start area.

As the result of these facts, I must connect mineral water and wolframite patch with pipes across the base at first.
I cannot use trains because locomotives use engine units and engine units now require tungsten plates as ingredient.
I cannot use barrels because assembling machine 2 is needed to fill or empty barrels but am2 now requires tungsten carbide.

Should I use RSO and let ores spawn in the start area?

2 years ago

Ah this is a good point, I had reduced the quantity needed for mining, but setting up the initial pipe across is a headache. I should probably set wolframite to spawn in starting area at least when K2 is enabled. I'll make that change shortly.

2 years ago

Ok. I've added this. The reason Tungsten was not in the starting area was to add a layer of gameplay challenge in upgrading to armor piercing rounds. Having to go get mineral water satisfies that challenge in K2 :)

2 years ago

nice change!

2 years ago

What would this mean for RSO?
Because wolframite is in the starting area in RSO and now mineral water is also in starting area when bztungsten mod is present.
Should I modify that?
(With RSO if one of thsoe will not be in starting area it might be a lot of work to get it)

2 years ago

Thanks for checking, orzelek. Since RSO is more geared towards spread out/train bases, I think it's fine to leave both in the starting area. I don't want too big of a hurdle to get to armor piercing rounds, and RSO already has a bit more logistical challenges inherently.

New response