Tungsten

by brevven

Adds tungsten ore (wolframite), tungsten plates, tungsten carbide and rocket engine nozzles to the base game. Available after green science, tungsten and the various intermediates are used throughout the vanilla game. Compatible with RSO, Space Exploration and Krastorio 2, and several other mods. Part of BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Mining Manufacturing

i Rocket engine nozzle

2 years ago

I Have a suggestion about nozzles, because, only way to produce it is Raw ores, maybe add complex recepie for better production of it?
Maybe Rocket from rocket silo use "better" nozzles from steel, plastic or other metals/minerals from your mods (titanium?) with better output. Now, if your wolframite ore runs out - all processing and expanding factory immediately stops. Maybe replace vanilla rocket fuel by rocketfuel with nozzle and using nozzles from wolframite have better output?

2 years ago

I think a more complex, productive recipe is a pretty good idea. Many of the most common materials in rocket engine nozzles are not part of the vanilla game, two possibilities that are high up on my list at some point are graphite (carbon) and zirconium. So it might take a bit of time to plan this out.

I've been thinking about whether to have a higher tier nozzle for silo rocket parts. While it does add a little extra complexity, it might be a good way to vary resource needs a bit more.

Thanks!

2 years ago

According to your idea - graphite - watch NBU mods. Their Washing Champers are very annoying because fluid management and low level output of pure coal wasting time. For example productivity bonus was better from tech than using chambers. I thinking about moving from many resources into compressed, higher tier version like vanlla do.

New response