Graphite & Diamonds

by brevven

Adds elemental carbon items to the game, including graphite, diamonds, graphene, and optionally fullerenes, nanotubes, etc. Compatible with Krastorio 2, Space Exploration, and more. A standalone piece of BZ Mods

Content
2 months ago
Mining Manufacturing

i Deep Core Mining Compat.

1 year, 9 months ago

Good day!

First off, thanks for your mods! I'm getting ready to start a playthrough with full BZ (minus tin, as the alpha), Deep Core Mining, and Realistic Fusion Power.

I was wondering if you would be able to create the compatibility patch for deep core mining for graphite & diamonds like you did with the other ones?

I also believe Aluminum is not written to be compatible with DCM.

And one question on top of all that: If I start my playthrough before an update comes through to have compatibility, will that mess with my save? like would the deep core thingies not get left behind on patches of flake graphite if the game spawned them before there was compatibility? Or will it update and be fine?

1 year, 9 months ago

And I know DCM has the procedural compatibility, but there is a weird thing when I look at the research for DCM, it shows flake graphite as "unkown key" and then a bunch of weird words that are probably the prototype name procedurally generated or something. https://imgur.com/a/aKeRXUb

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

And one more question, should all the deep core chunks go to 80 of that resource? Diamonds are supposed to be a lot harder to mine. So I'm not sure if the mod already has slower "deep core diamond chunk" speed? If not, then it will be far easier to get diamonds via DCM than maybe it should be. I haven't tried it so not sure if this is addressed yet or not

1 year, 9 months ago

Hi, indeed Graphite & Diamonds, Aluminum, (and Tin) are not yet compatible with Deep Core Mining. I can put together a patch for all of them.

And yes, if you start a playthrough and the update adds compatibility, it should work for existing ore patches. It just won't fill in previously-exhausted patches with deep core mining patches, only newly-exhausted areas.

I'm not familiar with the procedural compatibility, not sure if it is supposed to give it a nice name or what.

1 year, 9 months ago
(updated 1 year, 9 months ago)

Oh! I Just saw the patch notes for procedural generation.

• Major refactor to more dynamically handle ores support for Deep Core Mining.
  • Deep Core Mining Ore patches and refining recipes will be generated for all present ores (even non explicitly supported modded ores).
  • WIP dynamic settings support for all ores.
  • WIP dynamic translations support for all ores.

This is probably the better way to do it going forward

What I could probably do as a temporary fix is add en (english) locale strings for these ores in my mods, and they should work. I'll think on what to do about Diamonds. I could probably mod the procedural recipe.

1 year, 9 months ago

Thanks for looking at that!

Also, I wonder if the hardness modifies how fast the moho mines or w/e mine things? That would probably be the simplest way to get it working properly with all the ores. Because then you still have the same ore chunk density of various items, but they just mine a little slower, like the ores that they came from.

The deep core chunks (that can be turned into anything) already have variable outputs based on ore rarity. So not sure if that's manually created or that comes from somewhere either, but I assume that would be another thing needed from a compatibility patch.

Sorry I'm not quite more helpful, I haven't played with your mods or deep core mining before so it's all a bit conjecture for me :D

1 year, 9 months ago

Sorry for delay. With the new dynamic mining, indeed, I believe the mining time of patches is affected by the underlying ore. Diamonds are mined at an appropriate rate.

I have updated to address your other concern around the deep core chunks. Now that recipe will always output 1 diamond, balanced by outputting more graphite.

1 year, 9 months ago

Thanks so much for looking into all that!

And if you didn't know, I just started my let's play a couple days ago so if you're interested, if you search "full BZ krydax" you'll find it. I've been having a blast so far!

1 year, 8 months ago

I saw on your let's play that the "no-uranium" deepcore recipe was not balanced between graphite/diamonds. I didn't realize that was a separate recipe. Fixed in latest.

1 year, 8 months ago

Wow! Thanks for doing that, didn't even notice anything was wrong!

New response