Graphite & Diamonds

by brevven

Adds elemental carbon items to the game, including graphite, diamonds, graphene, and optionally fullerenes, nanotubes, etc. Compatible with Krastorio 2, Space Exploration, and more. A standalone piece of BZ Mods

Content
6 months ago
Mining Manufacturing

i [IDEA] Carbon Black

2 years ago

Hey Brevven,

I'm currently testing you Carbon Mod with all of the options in my SE/K2 Fab and i think carbon black is very good idea.
If you allow, i have 2 tiny little ideas 4 this amazing stuff.
On the one hand, a waste product such as stone could be interduced in the production of carbon black from coal, since in this step the coal is purified to petrolcoke grade for further processing.
On the other hand, it would make more sense to manufacture ammunition with carbon black than with coal. Maybe with an alternative recipe which replaces coal with carbon black which is more efficient or maybe only a bit faster. The normal coal recipe should remain for the early game.

What do you think about that?

Stay Effectiv

MoSII

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

I love the idea of the stone waste product from coal --> carbon black. Will probably implement that.

As for ammunition, I do like the idea. It's my understanding that carbon black doesn't itself burn, but helps accelerate the burn alongside nitrocellulose (which has replaced charcoal from the old black powder days). I'll think about making an alternative recipe, but I'll think a little more. Might end up in a future mod of some sort.

2 years ago
(updated 2 years ago)

Hello Brevven,
Nice that you like these ideas. I read something else about carbon black. You're right. It has nothing essential to do with ammunition. It is used for rubber (which you already do with plastic). It is also used for electrodes and paint.
My problem is that due to the changes at K2 / SE, I had to rebuild my refineries to produce the amounts of light oil I now need for rocket fuel. With carbon black as a realistic by-product of this process, I create a massive surplus.
Ok, i made a big warehouse und store all of that surplus maybe i will find a later use. :)
And yes, even though carbon black is basically carbon, it doesn't burn well.

Stay Effektiv

MoSII

New response