Aluminum

by brevven

Adds aluminum, alumina, cables, alloys and more to the game. Compatible with RSO, Krastorio 2 and Space Exploration. A standalone piece of BZ Mods.

Content
a month ago
Mining Manufacturing

g Conflict with Bob's Technology Burner Phase setting

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

Been doing some testing of mods to build a modpack together and managed to crash the game (as is inevitable when testing). Anyway the crash is from this mod and it seems to be a conflict when you enable the 'burner phase' setting in bobstechnology causing an issue with this mod. I believe this is because when the 'burner-phase' setting is enabled from bob's tech, the copper-processing technology is removed from the game hence the null exception.

Factorio error Message:
Failed to load mods: bzaluminum/data-util.lua:346: bas argument #1 of 2 to 'pairs' (table expected, got nil) stack trace:
[C]: in function 'pairs'
bzaluminum/data-util.lua:346: in function 'remove_prerequisite'
bzaluminum/aluminum-burner-phase.lua:53: in main chunk
[C]: in function 'require'
bzalumnium/data-final-fixes:lua:7: in main chunk

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

Just thinking about this and wondering whether having an option to remove potentially conflicting research added by this mod could work. That way players can choose to have "copper processing" research for example or not depending on their play style/mods

5 months ago
(updated 5 months ago)

Null

4 months ago

Hi there. Thanks for raising this.

I turned on the burner power phase in Bob's Tech and didn't run into this issue. Do you have a save game I can load to reproduce?

On the topic of optionally removing the the copper processing, that's a pretty good idea. I would still want the mod to load either way, but it might clear up some soft locks in some mod loadouts. I will consider adding such an option.

3 months ago

Okay done some more testing today and Bob's Tech and BZAluminum are comptaible out of the box including with burner phase turned on, as you've seen. However adding Bob's Power into the mix causes the crash. Unsure what's messing up but i still think it's partially to do with the copper processing research or maybe that's a red herring. Possibly as the crash log suggests line 53 of aluminum-burner-phase.lua

New response