Bulk Teleporters

by dorfl

Use spare gigajoules to teleport shipments of items.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

b Factorissimo2 and Bulk Teleporters

4 years ago

Hey, in recent update I can't teleport between teleporters in Factorissimo2 factories and the normal world. Could you fix that problem?

4 years ago

This was actually fix put in for SpaceEx to block cross-surface teleporting because the teleport recipe cost calculations don't work sensibly. But I see the Factorissimo2 use case would still make sense.

4 years ago

I would like to add another show of interest. I have a fair amount of coding experience, but not in Lua. Checking both your mod and the Factorissimo2 codes, it seems like a Factorissimo2 factory contains information about the surface and position of where it is sitting, while yours sets positional and surface data when the teleporter is placed. Maybe a recursive check of the factories' surfaces until the position on the surface of nauvis is returned. If i am reading the code right, this check will only be performed when the entity is first placed, which won't be too much overhead, hopefully. This does mean intrafactory teleportation would essentially start and end at the same point on nauvis, which might cause some problems is the cost calculation. I haven't gotten to that point in the code yet. Finally, if the factory is relocated on Nauvis, then those calculations would have to be redone... Now that I am typing this out, I am seeing some of the major difficulties, and I only have a brief layman's understanding of your code.

In any case, thank you for the mod! I am a huge fan of it, and I just want to carry around a 5kspm base in my pocket, and your teleporters are the only throughput fast enough for that goal ;)

3 years ago

Maybe just set fixed cost for teleporting between surfaces, independent of distance (preferably configurable in settings)?

New response