Bulk Teleporters

by dorfl

Use spare gigajoules to teleport shipments of items.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

i Train free mode

4 years ago

I did some rough editing to the recipe and research of your mod so I could build these before oil processing because I wanted a fully train free playthrough. I had to cheat in some accumulators to deal with the power spikes but otherwise I'm loving it. I only edited the tier 1 teleporters so I still have to work for the higher throughput. It would be nice if a "Train free" mode was built in. You might be able to give the teleporters themselves some electrical buffer, then just increase it in the train free mode. Or you could add a low tier accumulator.

Thanks for your time.

4 years ago

Getting past oil processing without trains is quite dependent on the map settings. Would having a lower tier-0 teleporter work for you? Something smaller and cheaper but quite inefficient to encourage upgrading.

4 years ago

The only issue I'm having so far is that without stack inserters it takes quite a while to load/unload the teleporters. I'm going to try adding a loader mod to see if that helps, otherwise I'll just build more teleporters earlier.
Another tier of teleporter, craftable and researchable before oil, would remove the need for my edits which would be cool, but is that more work than a toggle in the options menu?
If you do add the tier 0 teleporter instead of being really inefficient could it have like a 1km max range? Being even more power hungry increases the need for accumulators, or the need to overbuild steam power even more.

Thanks again.

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Edit: I'm a derp, loaders redux works fine. I just wasn't using them right.

Quick update from my testing: loaders redux works to unload, miniloader works to load and unload.

4 years ago

:-)

Teleporters are basically chests, so all loader mods should work.

New response