Bulk Teleporters

by dorfl

Use spare gigajoules to teleport shipments of items.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

g UPS spikes during tranfers.

4 years ago

I'm on a server run by a user called JVM (in the server tag), currently running Angel/Bobs, and a few other QoL Mods, and I was the one that asked for Bulk Teleporters to be added, but alas, for some reason, the UPS spikes are bad enough to warrant not using Teleporters until we can figure out if other external factors are the cause. Is there a way to get some logging info on what is happening during a transfer to narrow down the problem?

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Difficult one. No logging in the mod around timing, really. Can you tell me a bit more? Eg:

• How many teleporters in use?
  • Is lag occurring during active teleport cycles, or when entities are idle, or is it unpredictable?
  • Is the simulation very near to lagging anyway? Ie, is F5 showing close to 16ms updates before adding BT
  • Do you happen to have a local save file from before you removed the mod?

Edit, sorry, you said during transfers. So, just the other questions...

4 years ago
(updated 4 years ago)

Also, does turning off the beams (mod setting) have any effect?

Edit: My money is on the electric beams over long distances, actually. Testing those on a multiplayer game seems very sensitive to the slowest client, compared to the same map in single player. I've therefore pushed 0.1.25 with a mod setting to switch between dashed lines and electric beams.

4 years ago

This was not a complaint btw, I simply thought I'd offer some feedback on something we ere seeing.

Sorry i was late to respond. We tested with only 4 send/receive pads, and it was happening even with only 1 active at that time. Having 4 running at the same time did not seem to make it "worse", the ups drops seemed the same 1 or 4. I was the only one on the server at one stage, and I was remotely sending to a remote Silo, and i was getting the UPS issue. We were running quite a few Mods.

The game for about 3-8 people was running fine and seemed not to have other UPS issues. We moved on with maps since then, but i will try to run a few more tests and report.

4 years ago

Thanks!

New response