Bulk Teleporters

by dorfl

Use spare gigajoules to teleport shipments of items.

Content
3 years ago
0.17 - 1.1
Logistics

g Is it possible to add more signals?

5 years ago

First nice mod :)

I have been playing a bit around with it on a map with bob and angels mod and i have been wondering if it would be possible change the mods, so you can give it any signal, so i could use items as signal like Copper plate, Battery or whatever you feel like? It would make it a lot easier to keep track of what you are teleporting, only having numbers and letters can be a bit hard to keep track of in the long run, even when you write them down.

5 years ago

And i just read your FAQ, but it would still be nice to have the options to use everything as a signal, it could be activated through a menu options, then people can decide for them self, if they want to take the added risk of screwing up there base :)

5 years ago

Will poke around to see if there's a safe-ish solution for easier signals :)

In theory a dematerializer could automatically pick the network from the shipment item type, but the rematerializer always needs to be told somehow...

4 years ago

Just an update: I've not found a safe way to do this yet, as the contents of the buffer are added to incoming signals before the mod code receives them. So the current design seemed limited to virtual signals for the time being.

One option could be to add a distinct control panel to teleporters and read teleport networks from that, instead of reading signals from the buffer container (perhaps with a graceful fallback setting for legacy bases).

3 years ago
(updated 3 years ago)

I use "Attila's Signals Mod" for signals, it adds signals for every base game item and fluid. They count as virtual signals and don't mix with content of the buffer.

2 years ago

Yes, I would also like that it would be possible to move the object in the right direction using only the designation of an object, because when there is a large base .. it’s just crazy looking for numbers ... my book is crammed with dozens of recipes.

New response