Boxing 2

Pack items into boxes to store more of them.

Content
3 years ago
0.13 - 1.1
Storage

b bug on starting factorio: boxing-2 looks for non-existing PNG files

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

i got the same problem as Aubog007 in the other thread, but in connection with another mod's png files : on starting factorio, i get an error window "File boxing-2/graphics/icons/box-of/steel/algaculture/algae.png not found" and then return to the desktop.

(too bad that factorio doesn't disable the mod and then restarts so that i can toggle/off the mod ingame or with the new option of 0.13.19 even delete the mod ingame. instead i have to go to the mods folder and do the work myself in windows)

my versions: factorio 0.13.19 (this is the latest stable version!) and boxing-2_2.0.0

7 years ago

I think he generate the boxes.
Because i have a error on "Charcoal Burner" and "Sticky Notes" ... and that are extra Mods.
And a another error by a mod written by myself.
Thats why we get errors.
Try to fix with copy a .png in the missing spot in the .zip help ... but then come the next error :-(
And i have many mods.

7 years ago

DOSorDIE is correct, I'm generating box items and recipes for several subgroups, so those mods must add items to said subgroups, and my mod doesn't have icons for them. I'm honestly surprised it took this long, I'll add some checks today to use a "missing" icon when the mod doesn't have one.

7 years ago

Fixed missing icons and added Charcoal Burner and Sticky Notes icons with 2.0.4.

7 years ago

Works now ... but on every recipe are Diamonds ??? but in the assembler you dont need it. The problem it prevent for makeing as example iron gears ...
But i have no idea whats the problem.

7 years ago

I assume you're talking about handcrafting? The problem is in how Factorio determines requirements for recipes, from what I can tell it assumes that the requirements will be a DAG (ie each recipe has dependencies, dependency chains are non-circular). This mod adds both multiple recipes for items (iron gears can now be crafted from iron plates or "crafted" from unboxing a box of iron gears) and circularity (box of iron gears requires iron gears, iron gears requires box of iron gears). The current system just can't deal with it properly. You can see the same issue (although to a lesser extent) in Bob's mods with synthetic wood. There isn't a good way to properly deal with it, but you can avoid the issue by disabling handcrafting for wooden boxes by commenting out the table.insert on line 21 of prototypes/recipe/categories.lua by adding "--" to the front of the line.

7 years ago

i still have the same bug since i am using the latest stable version (there was just a new stable version 0.13.20) and you only are working on versions of your mod for 0.14 :-(

really a messed up situation: half my mods aren't updated to versions 0.14.x yet (thus half my factory would disappear when disabling those mods), and many of the mods which support the EXPERIMENTAL 0.14.x no longer support STABLE versions (not even bugfixes) :-(

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

The mod portal only lets me release one file for each version of the mod, and I don't know how well the auto-updater works when you're not using the latest version of Factorio, but you can download 2.0.4 for Factorio 0.13 manually on github: https://github.com/AndrolGenhald/Factorio-Boxing-2/releases

7 years ago
(updated 7 years ago)

any way this could be fixed on the experimental branch as well :P
edit: hmm nevermind you already have, this is probably not the issue I'm having I will start a new issue.

New response